What do you do when you finish university and feel like you need to unfold? Easy... pack your bags, quit your job, and head south, to Latin America!
I'm pretty sure I just spent the better part of the last 5.5 years of my life staring 1.5 feet infront of my face at books, papers, computers, the laboratory counter, and, of course, the negative balance in my bank account. Oh yeah... not to mention the zillions of power point slides in the classroom, dirty windows on the city bus, and the super long line in front of me at the coffee shop.
My eyes are in need of some variation, distance, depth, life, sun, rain, wind! My legs are craving daily walks and stretches. My senses beg to be reawankend. My mind is craving a new challenge that can't be solved using the scientific method.
So, here I go!! Guatemala city to Lima in 84 days. In 14 hours I lift off from Toronto soil and head for the sweet sun, with my backpack, a few books, a few bucks, an open mind, and all of the energy I've held in for the last 5.5 years! Hoorah and Lookout, Warrior Speed!!
Go for it Hollie... You have always worked your ass off its about time you take off. I will be reading about you.. You must be so pumped
ReplyDeleteIs that a Rocky II that I see on your back??? OMG Hollie don't fall back!!! hahaha :D
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your adventure!!! And keep us posted!!!
xoxoxo
Hi Holly, Como va todo? Can't wait to hear your news.
ReplyDeleteHello Holly, Have been thinking about you alot and really look forward to hearing from you soon to make sure you are not only OKAY but also having a fabulous time. Write soon. Love your aunt.
ReplyDeleteHola guapa, cómo vas? Que rico es sentir el calor del sol sobre el cuerpo y estar rodeado por el aroma del trópico, lo extraño tanto. No puedo creer que lo voy a sentir a tu lado en tan solo 3 semanas. Estamos hablando mamichula, ajajaja.
ReplyDeleteHi Hollie sounds you are having a wonderful time - so much to discover. Take care of yourself and look forward to tracking your journey. Love Susan & Dad
ReplyDeleteAqui tu suegro,,,,,,,,I had tried to send you a message very unsuccesfully,,,,,,,,,,,,,We are very exited to have you here,,,,,,,I have already bought some¨"hollies" for you to plant in the farm,,,,,,,,,,( hollie´s are here, a beautiful native trees,,,,,,,,,you will love them!!!!) Keep enjoying the trip,,,and dont forget the Scuba course,,,,,for Taganga (Sta Marta),,,,,,,
ReplyDelete