What an amazing continent! I went from an active volcano to a surfing beach in 2 days.
The lava at Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala, was extruding from volcanaic rock all around me.. so hot, people were running up to quickly roast a marshmallow, then running away. Standing next to it you feel like you´re on fire. Can you beleive that the entire world was once like this? Amazing!!
After Guatemala I hopped on the Tica Bus and headed for El Salvador. From the city of San Salvador, I took my huge backpack (a.k.a. rocky II) on a chicken bus to the nearby beach town of La Libertad. Taking the transit system here is an adventure in itself, I swear my tailbone will never be the same! What an amazing place La Libertad is. People surf on the beach here every day, the waves never stop crashing, and the ocean is the temperature of a lukewarm bath. Perfect for cooling down on in the hot hot sun here, in temperatures of 30 degrees C. Twice I´ve surfed here and loved it... such a sweet feeling!! The ocean is such an amazing place.
To my family, friends, and especially you, Roberto, being here even for just 11 days so far makes me realize how much I love you all, and it is so true that the people you are with is what makes a place home. I am so lucky to have you all!
Im off now to pack my bags and get on the move again, Im happy to leave the cramped up, ant filled, mosquito ridden, spider heaven I was sleeping at for 10 bucks a night! Yikes!
Adios!
Wow, cuidado con la lava!! Amazing video, I can't believe how close you are to it; I could use some of that lava to heat my apartment, hehe. I remember some of the bus rides in Southamerica; I feel your pain. I swear the best remedy for all pains is Ocean-Therapy, never fails!
ReplyDeleteYour words brighten my life and you inspire me every day; I am truly the luckiest man.
Have a great trip to Managua, can’t wait for the next sweet video post. Please say goodnight to the ants, spiders and mosquitoes for me… No, no just kidding, I hope you find a bug-free place!
Keep’er trekking Hermosa and I will see you in 16 days in Colombia, UNREAL!!!!
Te amo!
Holliiie!!! What are you doing in a chicken bus??? Don't lose Rocky II!!! He'll protect you.
ReplyDeleteYou could take some chickens for the next 10 bucks hotel and then you would only need an elephant to call it Noe's Arch! :D
Incredible video, next time pose and wave to it for a little bit more than a second, please! ;)
Keep sending news!!!!!!!
xoxoxo
I miss you so much!!! AH you look amazing in that video, and so does that lava! I am literally living through you and am SO so so proud of you for doing this on your own girl.
ReplyDeleteSo much love, can't wait to see you next. xoxoxo
Jess
Hollie, I see you enjoy the trip! It's awesome! Keep us posted about your explorations!
ReplyDelete